Food Category: Sweet
Name of the ITEM: Paruppu Payasam (Moong Dhal+ Rice)
Time to prepare: 30 minutes
Cooking Level: Easy
Required Ingredients :
|Raw Rice||1/2 Cup|
|Moong Dhal||1/4 Cup|
|Water||2 3/4 Cup|
|Cardamom||3 to 4 pieces|
|Cashew & raisins||7-8 pieces Each|
How to Prepare :
1. Jaggery Syrup :
Take Jaggery in a pan. Add 3/4 cup of water to it and boil the same till the Jaggery dissolves completely. Once the Jaggery is dissolved, filter the syrup so that we have the Jaggery Syrup ready. Keep the syrup aside.
2. Take 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan and add the Cashews. Fry it till the Cashew turns into Golden brown colour. Add the Raisins to it and fry it for a minute. Keep the Cashew & raisins separately.
3. Take a pressure cooker, add 2 tbsp ghee and also green gram. Fry the Moong Dhal till it turns into golden brown colour.
4. Add rice with the fried green gram. To this, pour 2 cups of water 1/2 cup of milk. Close the cooker and wait for 4-5 whistles for rice and Moong Dhal to be properly cooked.
5. Wait for sometime before opening the cooker. Once opened, add the Jaggery Syrup to the cooker and let it boil for 4-5 minutes.
6. Add Crushed Cardamom, fried cashews, raisins and 2 tbsp ghee.
7. Mix it well.
Enjoy Your homemade sweet and don’t just savour it alone give it to your friends as well…
Let us know how it turned out to be :).
More recipe to come….