Munthiri Kothu, a sweet from down south in India is a healthy snack for people of all ages. This blog looks on how to prepare the tasty snacks.
|Green Gram||200 gms|
|Boiled Rice||50 gms|
|Palm Jaggery||200 gms|
|Rice Flour||3 tbsp|
|Grated Coconut||1 handful|
|Sesame Seed||1 tsp|
|Cashew Nuts||As required|
|Turmeric Powder||1 pinch|
- Roast Green Gram and Boiled Rice in a pan separately.
- Add Cardamom to Roasted Green Gram and Boiled Rice .
- Grind the mixture into coarse powder.
- Keep aside the powdered mixture.
- Roast Grated Coconut till it becomes Golden Brown.
- Add Sesame Seed and Roast it.
- Fry Cashew Nuts in Ghee .
- Add the Roasted Coconut ,Sesame Seed and Fried Cashew Nuts with the powdered mixture (from step 1).
- Take Palm Jaggery in a Pan and Add water to the level of Palm Jaggery.
- Boil it to make Palm Jaggery Syrup.
- Filter it and Add to the mixture (from step 3).
- Mix it well and Make Balls while it is in mild heat.
- Allow the Balls to cool completely
- Take Rice Flour,Maida and Turmeric Powder in a bowl .
- Add Water and make a paste (Not so liquid).
- Heat Oil in a Pan.
- Dip Balls(from step 4) in the paste(from step 5) and drop it into the Oil.
- Fry it well till the outer layer becomes crispy.
Your Munthiri Kothu snacks is ready!!
For more blogs on cooking recipes, please visit our Recipe section.