Idly Powder, well the name says it all. A powder that acts as the taste buds for all your food!!
|1.||Gingelly Oil||1 tsp|
|2.||Black Urad dal||50 grams|
|3.||Sesame seeds||2 tbsp|
|4.||Split Bengal gram dal||1 tsp|
|5.||Coriander seeds||1 tsp|
|9.||Curry leaves||1 handful|
- Heat the pan in medium flame.
- Roast Black urad dal for 2minutes and transfer to a plate.
- Roast Sesame seeds and split Bengal gram dal separately .
- Transfer both to the same plate.
- Add gingelly oil in the pan .
- Fry red chillies,coriander seeds ,curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Transfer the fried mixture to the same plate as above.
- Place tamarind in the middle of the mixture and allow it melt .
- Allow the mixture to cool down.
- After the mixture gets cooled down ,transfer the mixture to mixer jar.
- Add garlic and salt to the mixture.
- Grind it into a fine powder.
Tips:Store the idly powder in air-tight container and it can be used for six months.
Simple, Spicy and tasty Idly powder Ready…
For more blogs on cooking recipes, please visit our Recipe section.