Exactly after 1.5 months of one of the saddest days in the history of Indian cinema, his last movie has released on OTT platform (Disney Hotstar). Yes, it is Dil Bechara. One of the most sought out movies of the year. This is based on the novel – “Fault in our stars “and man hasn’t Sushant delivered one of the best performances of all-time. His infectious energy, his contagious smile and those beautiful eyes to fall for. All those things which we have been admiring in him all through these years.
This is a movie which totally belongs to the artists – Sushant Singh Rajput, Sanjana Sanghi, Swastika Mukherjee (Kizie’s mom), Saswata Chatterjee (Kizie’s dad) and Sahil Vaid (Manny’s friend). Right from the word go, the artists have been on point with their expressions and acting has been of top notch. All through the movie, Sushant was a live wire as Manny aka Immanuel Rajkumar Junior and his presence itself fills the viewers’ heart with joy and as the movie goes on, it becomes too emotional too. Sanjana Sanghi, the heroine has lived through the character herself as Kizie Basu. As a cancer patient who gets ignored by her classmates all the time, right from Manny entrance till the end, her roller coaster of emotions is lovely to watch. As a debutante, she has given more than a commendable performance as Kizie Basu. IF EVERYTHING GOES ON “WELL”, she might be the next big heroine in Bollywood. Saswata Chatterjee and Swastika Mukherjee have also given really good performances. Particularly in the scene when Saswata has beer with Sushant in the rain, his acting was so emotional perfect that it creates very high impact on the viewers’ mind.
Overall, this is the perfect movie with loads of emotions and sadly, a great sign off by Sushant. His lines in the movie just stay with you and sure to bring out a few tears as well. Few of them are mentioned below.
- Kuch saal pehle osteosarcoma aaya tha. Then I lost this baby (Pointing out his leg). But I’m a fighter and I fought well.
- Hero banne ke liye popular hone ki zaroorat nhi hai. Wo real life me bhi hote hai. (And Sushant, you are one!)
- Aaj kal ke artists me problem ye hi hai. Kaam shuru karthe hain magar khatam nahi karthe.
You started your cinematic career in such an amazing way with Kai po Che and performed enterprising roles like MSD and Anirudh Pathak (Chichore) but quit your path to stardom halfway. Still not able digest the fact that you’re not there anymore. 😭😭But don’t worry, from the first movie itself you started taking a special spot in your fans’ hearts and now you’ve taken a permanent position there.)
- Main bohot bade bade sapne dekhta hoon, lekin use pura karne ka mann nahi karta.
- It’s ok to be silly at times in life. The fun involved in it is unparalleled.
- Janam kab lena hai aur marna kab hai, yeh hum decide nahi kar sakthe. Par kaise jeena hai, ye hum decide kar sakthe hai.
Note : Image has been taken from Google for representational purpose.