Vegetable cutlet is a popular snack on the Indian restaurant menus. These are crumb coated and pan fried yet they turn out great with a crisp texture. Cutlets are best served hot with some green chutney or sauce. To make veg cutlet, you can use any veggies of your choice.
According to Wikipedia , Cutlet refers to :
- a thin slice of meat from the leg or ribs of veal, pork, chicken, or mutton.
- a dish made of such slice, often breaded (also known in various languages as a cotoletta, Kotelett, kotlet or kotleta).
- a croquette or cutlet-shaped patty made of ground meat.
- a kind of fish cut where the fish is sliced perpendicular to the spine, rather than parallel (as with fillets); often synonymous with steak.
- a prawn or shrimp with its head and outer shell removed, leaving only the flesh and tail.
- a mash of vegetables (usually potatoes) fried with bread.
|1.||Potatoes||2 (Boiled & mashed)|
|2.||Peas||1 cup (Boiled & mashed)|
|3.||Corn flour||1 tbsp+ 1/2 cup for coating|
|4.||Chilly powder||As required|
|5.||Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|6.||Cumin powder||1/2 tsp|
|7.||Pepper powder||1/2 tsp|
|8.||Garam masala||1 tsp|
|9.||Chaat masala||1/2 tsp|
|10.||Coriander leaves||As required|
|11.||Mint leaves||As required|
|12.||Ginger garlic paste||1 tsp|
|14.||Tomato ketchup||1 tsp|
|17.||Bread crumbs||As required|
- Take mashed potatoes and peas in a mixing bowl.
- Add chilly powder,coriander powder,cumin powder,pepper powder,garam masala,chaat masala ,chopped coriander leaves,mint leaves,ginger garlic paste,salt,tomato ketchup and 1 tbsp cornflour .
- Mix it well.
- Make balls with the mixture.
- Flatten the balls to medium size.
- Take maida,cornflour and salt in bowl.
- Add water and make a liquid paste.
- Dip the flatten balls in liquid paste and bread crumbs .
- Keep it in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- After 30 minutes,take the fatten balls from refrigerator and fry it till become golden brown .
- Switch off the stove properly and serve the fried cutlet.
Tasty Healthy snacks Cutlet Ready to be tasted…
Interesting Facts:The word “cutlet” has taken from the French word “cotelette” and first known to used in 1682.It has found its place in almost all cuisines of the world,be it French,American,Russian,Italian,Indian or Sweden
For more blogs on cooking recipes, please visit our Recipe section.