Samosa, a deep fried dish with fillings of one choice is a hot rage among all. Who can visit eating Samosas at Bakery with friends. Well time to relive those Golden memories at your home. Invite your loved ones, friends for a tea time and surprise them with lovely tasty Samosa.
Samosa is the most popular South Asian snack which comes from Persian word ‘Sambusa’ which means triangle, due to its shape
|1.||Maida||1 1/2 cup|
|2.||Wheat flour||1/2 cup|
|4.||Onion ( big )||3|
|10.||Mint leaves||As required|
|11.||Coriander leaves||As required|
|12.||Curry leaves||As required|
|13.||Cumin powder||1/2 tsp|
|14.||Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|15.||Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|16.||Chilly powder||As per taste|
|18.||Crushed Ginger garlic||1 tbsp|
|20||Fennel seeds||1 tsp|
- Take Maida ,Wheat flour,salt and 1 1/2 tbsp heated refined oil.
Tips:Heated oil will give crispy outer layer for Samosa
- Mix it well and knead for 5-10 minutes.
- Apply Oil over the dough and keep it aside for half an hour.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add funnel seeds ,finely chopped green chillies and crushed ginger garlic.
- Add cashews after rawness of crushed ginger garlic is gone.
- Add Chopped onion and saute it till the wetness in onion is gone.
- Add chopped carrot,peas,beans and potato.
- Saute it for a minute
- Add cumin powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder,chilly powder and garam masala.
- Give a mix and add curry leaves,coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Mix it well and switch off the stove
- After half-an-hour ,Knead the dough (from step 1) again for a minute.
- Make balls from the dough.
- Dust some flour on the surface and spread the balls into thin sheets.
- Heat the spread ed sheet on a tawa for a minute.
Tips : try to avoid overheating the spread ed sheet.
- Cut the sides and then cut the sheet to get two or three rectangular sheets .
- Fold the rectangular sheets into a cone shape and stuff it with the step 2 mixture.
Tips:For the sides of cone to stick together,make paste of maida by adding water in it.
- Seal the cones properly .
- Heat oil in a pan for frying the samosa cones.
- Turn the stove to medium after oil gets heated.
- Now drop all the samosa cones and fry it.
Crispy Tasty Samosa Ready…