Halwa are dense, sweet confections is said to have originated in the Middle East. It is also popular in Central and South Asia, the Balkans, the Caucasus, Eastern Europe, Malta, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, and in the Jewish diaspora .In India ,Halwa is made in fifteen or more different varieties with ingredients like sugar,sooji ,custard powder,walnut,chana dal,padam,dates and many more. Halwa made using palm jaggery is more prevalent in southern districts of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
|1.||Whole Wheat||1 cup or 250 grams|
|2.||Palm jaggery||1 1/2 cup|
- Soak the whole wheat in water for 8-10 hours.
- After 10 hours, grind the wheat into thick paste by adding water.
- Filter the grinded wheat mixture.
- Keep the filter milk in a long utensil such juice glass.
- Let the milk and water gets separated & then remove the water.
- Add 4 cups of water to 1 cup of wheat milk.
- Add some water to palm jaggery and heat it in a pan.
- Heat it till it completely dissolves.
- Now filter the Palm jaggery and remove the dirt from it.
- Heat the palm jaggery in a pan .
Tips:Sugar can be also been used for making Halwa.
2.When palm jaggery liquid becomes the thickness of a string .
Tips: we can use our index finger and thumb finger to check the consistency.
- Now add the Wheat milk from step 1 into the carmelised palm jaggery
- Stir it continuously.
- Add 1 tbsp of ghee every 15 minutes and continue stirring.
- After 1 hour of stirring ,add all ghee and butter into the halwa mixture.
- Stir it for 1 hour more.
- When the halwa comes separate from the pan and ghee comes out,switch off the stove and take out the halwa.
Our delicious and healthy Palm jaggery Halwa Ready…