Idly is staple food down south in India. It is part and parcel and of the daily diet, but people wish for variety. This blog is a variety of Idly with Fenugreek | Vendayam.
|Idly Rice||400 gms|
- Soak Fenugreek in water for 8 hrs.
- Soak Idly Rice in water for 2 hrs.
- Grind Fenugreek by sprinkling Fenugreek soaked water into a fine paste.
- Add soaked Idly Rice with grinded Fenugreek paste .
- Let the Mixture be grinded into paste(doesn’t need to be fine paste).
Tips:Prefer Grinder to make batter.
- Add Salt to the paste(from step2) and let it ferment for 8-9 hrs.
- After 8-9 hrs,the batter will be ready to make Idly.
- Pour the Batter into the Idly tray and allow to cook for 10 mins.
- Take out the Idlies and Serve.
For more blogs on cooking recipes, please visit our Recipe section.